Thursday, February 26, 2015

Man! What a whirlwind set of events have led to this upcoming trip!

Originally scheduled it for last April; then things conspired (I got really sick) and I wasn't able to go.  Finally, we have been able to coordinate our dates and set the trip itinerary.

I am traveling with our newest Asante volunteer (and treasurer extraordinaire), Jaime Fink.  She and her family are  long-time Alaskans.  Asante has been blessed to have her on board and I hope she is looking forward to traveling with me, as much as I am looking forward to traveling with her.

Our Maasai beading group's coordinator, Bethany Frieburg, is in Minneapolis right now, so I'll be heading there first to visit with her and talk about the NAAPOK group.  Also will have a wonderful opportunity to visit with Mary Ann Sheets-Hanson and her hubby while there.  Mary Ann is the founder of Asante, so it will be great to see her.

I am leaving here March 3 for MSP, then leaving there for Amsterdam on March 6.  I'll meet up with Jaime there, and we will travel together to Kilimanjaro Airport and the town of Moshi.

As you all know, internet access and connectivity can be sporadic and slow over there.  I have (supposedly) unlocked my iphone and only need to insert a TZ sim-card to have phone access . . . we shall see how that all works.  Luckily, the Uhuru Conference Center, where I generally stay the first few nights, has pretty good internet, so I will try and get off a note from there, before we head up to Ketumbeine to visit our Maasai women.

Cheers, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.



No comments:

Post a Comment