Friday, March 6, 2015

From Amsterdam through the fog of exhaustion and jet lag!

Good Morning from Amsterdam!  The original plan was that I would meet Jaime here this morning and we would fly together to Kilimanjaro Airport . . . that was the plan . . .

Friday morning, she called from Anchorage --her flight to Seattle had been cancelled; hence she would miss her connection to AMS.  Soooooooo, here I am, and there she is.  She'll be on the same flight, one day later.  I will arrive in TZ in about 12 hours and she will arrive Sunday night.  Dang, I will miss her company on the flight and I know everyone in TZ will be disappointed that they will miss a day with her.

My time in Minneapolis went quickly!  it was wonderful to visit with Mary Ann in her new home; I just wish Jack had been there as well.   Mary Ann and I had a great time catching up with each other and she was able to give me a little information about Jack's recent trip to TZ.

Bethany Freiburg came over early Wednesday morning for a visit and then MA and I ran a few errands.  It was definitely more winter-y in Minneapolis than it has been in Anchorage all winter.  Cold, snow and windy.  Brrrrrrr!  Good thing I had brought all my winter gear. :-)

Thursday morning we met Bethay at the train and rode downtown to visit Diane Jacoby with Operation Bootstrap Africa and the Maasai Girls School in Monduli.  Asante has long supported girls via scholarships at the Girls School and it was great to visit with Diane again and to see the OBA office.  She had some lovely photos of their recent anniversary celebrations at the school.

Then home with Bethany for time to focus on NAAPOK.  Which is just what we did for the rest of the day!  We talked about successes and continuing challenges for the bead ladies.  I am looking forward to visiting Ketumbeine this week to greet them with love from Bethany and Asante.

After a leisurely hike Friday morning to Minnehaha Falls and the locks on the Mississippi River, Mary Ann and I had lunch; then I took the train to the airport.  And here I am, awaiting the next 8 hr. flight which will take me to Kilimanjaro Airport and my friends there in Moshi.

Later . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment