Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Two Asante Events in Alaska Worth Attending

1.  April 10, 11:00 am -- I will be presenting a slide-show and talk on my trip to Tanzania for Asante.  The talk will be at my church -- Our Redeemer Lutheran Church -- in Chugiak.  The talk will be about an hour.  My church has been very supportive of Asante, especially with respect to the secondary school in Ketumbeine.  Everyone is welcome . . . please tell your friends!

2.  May 7, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm -- Mother's Day Bazaar at Egan Center.  Asante will have a couple of booths at the bazaar; I will be displaying and selling everything we carry -- baskets, batik art, batik clothing and bags, Maasai beadwork, carvings, etc.  Come one, come all.  In addition to the crafts, I'll have a continuous slide show on my computer for attendees of the bazaar to see as they shop the crafts.  Please let all your friends know that Saturday, May 7 will be a wonderful opportunity to purchase these beautiful products, made by the women you have already come to know through my posts.

3.  I am always ready and eager to be a speaker about Asante.  If you are a member of an organization, or know of someone who is, and are looking for a program for a future meeting -- call me!  The women's stories are so inspiring and Asante's support of these women really make for a great program!   Thanks so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment