Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Kilimanjaro Marathon!

Just found out that there is a marathon, half marathon and 5 k fun run in Moshi-town on March 3.  The marathon runs up into the lower reaches of Mt. Kilimanjaro . . . not that I intend to participate or anything.  But I'm thinking the 5 k fun run might be just that -- fun. 

Moshi is where we always stay when we first arrive in Tanzania.  Many of our friends live there, as well as many of the women who produce our wonderful batiks.  The hostel where we have stayed in the past is completely booked up with runners and fans!  So this will be a new adventure in a lot of ways.

Found my suitcase finally, and am now beginning to organize my thoughts as to what to pack and what to leave.  Set out everything I think I want to take; next day reduce it by half; and then reduce it by half again.  Then pack! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for staying in touch and sharing this adventure! Your suitcase was already tiny for a three week stay!

    ReplyDelete